Try a New Approach to New Year’s Resolutions
Try a New Approach to New Year’s Resolutions
If you are reading this then your health is important to you.
Some of you have dōTERRA essential oils and some of you don’t – either way let’s make 2019 brilliant by trying a new approach to New Year’s resolutions.
Forget the old fashioned New Year’s Resolutions and try this – make it your determined effort to create new healthy habits!
Easy Peasy – it looks something like this:
- Typical Resolution: Get healthy vs. Creating a Healthy Habit: If you have dōTERRA essential oils then use them. We all have oils that we do not use so let’s change that and incorporate them into our day. Put you oils out around your house, office, car, and any place you spend time. Put them your purse and gym bag so that they are handy when you want them. Reach for an oil instead of other chemical, synthetic, and possibly toxic options and before you know it you will have improved your wellbeing and taken steps to detox yourself, your family, and your home. If you want to kickstart the new year you can do a detox program designed to cleanse the body. I love this Cleanse and Restore using dōTERRA products – it comes with a free year of wholesale pricing but you can also get it as a bundle if you are already a member. Let me know if you want me to send you the PDF of the easy checklist for the 30 day Cleanse and Restore that Tom and I do a couple times a year.
- Typical Resolution: Eat healthy food vs. Creating a Healthy Habit: Replace that muffin or bagel breakfast with a green smoothie – this one had Wild Orange but you can include essential oils that target your health goals. In addition to adding essential oils to smoothies, add them to your water and use them in your cooking to improve wellness – soon it will be a healthy habit.
- Typical Resolution: Manage stress vs. Creating a Healthy Habit: Diffuse stress-relieving essential oils like Lavender, Roman Camomile, Serenity Blend, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, and Cedarwood before bed every night.
- Typical Resolution: Avoid getting sick vs Creating a habit to boost your immune system: Is your immune system where you want it to be? What about your family’s? Whether it’s due to stress, travel or weather changes, our immune systems sometimes need extra protection. Protection is especially important if you work among the public or you have kids exposed to whichever new germs make the rounds in schools and other public places and ultimately back into our homes. Essential oils can add an extra line of defense against outside gunk, before antibiotics are ever needed. We use dōTERRA On Guard everyday topically (on the bottoms of our feet) and diffused. For kids dōTERRA has the Stronger Blend in a rollerball as part of the Kids Collection or available for individual purchase. Besides using On Guard, there are 4 main essential oils for supporting the immune system that everyone needs to have on hand: (Although I prefer the On Guard Blend, using these oils together in a roller bottle (diluted appropriately) can keep you and your family protected and less susceptible to immune threats)
- Clove (antimicrobial, antifungal, germ destroying/purifying, antiviral)
- Lemon (astringent, detoxifying and germ destroying/purifying)
- Melaleuca (antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial, germ destroying/purifying)
- Eucalyptus (anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, but careful with this one, it’s only for kids older than 6 years)
BIG difference, aren’t they?
Make your healthy habits actionable, specific, and something that you can easily implement into your lifestyle. Soon you’ll be doing them without thinking twice!
Let’s start using the oils we have to make 2019 brilliant –
Maintaining a positive mood and attitude can be very challenging at times. Life can get pretty stressful, especially when trying to multitask. Chances are you are familiar with managing several tasks at once. In today’s fast-paced environment, we often experience negative moods such as stress, discouragement, and fatigue. Just as being in a good mood gives you a sense of happiness and well-being, bad moods can also lead to negative feelings over time. When it comes to managing your mood, essential oils can help restore your emotional balance and improve your overall attitude in any situation.
Let’s make 2019 brilliant!
Cedarwood: Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body.
Geranium: Diffuse aromatically to calm nerves.
dōTERRA Serenity Restful Blend: Diffuse to help promote relaxation and peace.
Arborvitae: Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and tension.
Patchouli: Rub on temples or apply to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions.
Ylang Ylang: Put a few drops into Epsom salt bath for relaxation.
AromaTouch® Massage Blend: Add to bath or use with carrier oil for massage.
Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
Roman Chamomile: Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas to soothe the body and mind.
Vetiver: Diffuse aromatically or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as Lavender, Serenity, or Balance, to better help calm stress.
•RESTLESS/LACK OF CONCENTRATION•
Rosemary: Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
Lavender: Add to bath water to soak away stress.
dōTERRA Balance® Grounding Blend: Apply to wrists or neck to help calm nerves.
InTune® Focus Blend: Apply to temples and back of neck to enhance concentration when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
Clary Sage: Apply to feet or pulse points to balance hormones.
Bergamot: Diffuse in the classroom or at work
Grapefruit/Lemon/Lime: Rub underneath your nose to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
Citrus Bliss: Diffuse aromatically or put one drop on your wrists and rub them together for an uplifting everyday perfume.
Peppermint: Apply to the palms of hands and deeply inhale for a quick pick-me-up.
Wild Orange: Energize the mind and body by placing two drops each of Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense in the palm of your hand. Rub palms together and inhale deeply. during high stress levels.
Sandalwood: Apply to the neck at bedtime for a restful sleep, or use during meditation.
Elevation: Diffuse in the mornings to start the day with a positive, uplifted mood.
Myrrh: Use aromatically to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
3 drops Vetiver
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Sandalwood
2 drops Ylang Ylang
3 drops Patchouli
2 drops White Fir
2 drops Lavender
5 drops Frankincense
5 drops Peppermint
5 drops Wild Orange
5 drops Lemon
You can make topical blends by adding essential oils diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil to a roller bottle. All of the Emotional Aromatherapy oils address each one of these moods also. There are many options to help support your emotions.